Must-Attend Events Celebrating Pride Month In FloridaJune 1, 2023
Celebrate Your Independence With A Visit To Our Tampa LGBTQ Health ClinicJuly 3, 2023
Making your summer vacation to-do list? Don’t forget to add an Orlando STI check to your itinerary before you jet off!
Summer is the season for planning unforgettable vacations, where dreams become a reality and adventures await. Time to pack your bags and hop on a plane, train, or automobile for a relaxing getaway.
However, in the hustle and bustle of planning your trip, it can be easy to forget your health. Harmony Healthcare Orlando reminds you to pack your condoms and get your Orlando STI check before you go.
Safe Sex Practices Should Travel With You
Whether traveling with your significant other or looking to meet someone new while on holiday, keep your sexual health in mind and engage in the same safe sex practices you would at home. Always use condoms and get regular STI tests. Getting tested before and after your trip is a good-health bookend to your adventure!
STIs Are On The Rise
STI cases, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis, are rising. The latest CDC survey reported more than 2.5 million cases in the U.S. The COVID-19 pandemic slowed preventative care, and we still see an increase in STIs three years later. Our staff makes it simple and easy to get tested and treated for these STIs to address the healthcare needs of our community.
STIs Can Have No Symptoms
Because you can have an STI and not know it, it’s essential to get tested regularly if you are sexually active. Some of the most common STIs include:
- Chlamydia – This bacterial infection can cause pain and discharge.
- Gonorrhea – Also a bacterial infection, gonorrhea can have symptoms similar to chlamydia.
- Syphilis – Another bacterial infection that can present symptoms like rashes, sores, and fever.
- HPV (human papillomavirus) – This viral infection can cause genital warts and may increase the risk of some cancers.
- HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) – Another viral infection that attacks the immune system.
If your Orlando STI check comes back positive for infection, there’s no reason for alarm. Most STIs are curable, all of them are treatable, and if diagnosed early, STIs may not cause any long-term health issues. We can set you up on a treatment plan that includes the medication you need under professional supervision by our trained healthcare staff.
Benefits Of Pre-Vacay STI Checks
There are many benefits to getting an Orlando STI check before you travel.
- Knowing your sexual health status will ensure that your trip is worry-free.
- When you’re STI-clear, you won’t need to keep up with extra medication to treat infections or viruses.
- Having a clean bill of STI health helps to protect you and your partner(s) while you travel and when you get back home.
Where Can You Get Pre-Travel STI Checks?
Our mission is to provide accessible and compassionate healthcare to our Orlando, Tampa, and Kissimmee communities. We offer STI testing at all of our Harmony Healthcare Orlando locations. You can make an appointment or just stop by for a comprehensive STI check. We’ll send you on your way with your results, and if treatment is needed, we can help you with that too.
Check Your Orlando STI Check Off Your Vacay To-Do List
Crossing this to-do item off your list will ensure that you have a relaxing time away. Contact our clinic or stop by for a thorough STI check before you leave on your trip (and before you head back to campus). Our staff of dedicated healthcare professionals will make you feel welcome and comfortable. Have a happy and healthy summer! We can’t wait to see your pictures when you get back!